Saturday, November 7, 2009

Craft night at the Krummenachers

I saw this wreath on the nanniegoat blog and thought it looked easy enough for me to try. It ended up being more work than I thought but I still got it done in one night and like it so much better than my old Christmas wreath. I found all of the ornaments at Dollar Tree so it was very cheap to make too! Check out the tutorial here. I ended up buying heavy duty wire at Home Depot instead of using a hanger like she did. I think the hanger would have held it's shape better than what I used but I wanted it a little larger than what the hanger was going to be. At first I made it really big but it ended up looking like a very long oval so I ended up having to make it smaller than I wanted anyway!
I also taught Rebecca how to make this tutu tonight and I think it turned out really cute! I think she learned that she needs a little more tulle next time but she really enjoyed making it and now wants to take orders and sell them as a way to earn some money for Christmas. I think we decided to make it worth her time she will sell them for $15.00 and maybe give a discount for anyone ordering more than one. She's really looking forward to doing this and I'm just glad that she's taking some initiative to earn some of her own money!

4 comments:

Mary said...

It turned out awesome. I love it!! And the tutu's are so cute. I wish i had a little girl. They look so cute for photographs

Kristen said...

SO dang cute. Can you make me one? :) So are those tutus my girls could wear? If so, I might want some for JJ and Reg. Let me know. So dang cute.

Camille said...

I am LOVIN the cute wreath. You are so talented. And so is Rebecca. Oh . . . if I only had a girl (sigh)

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

Wow! I'm impressed with both of you. Love the wreath!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com