Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sunday morning update


Had my hysterectomy on Monday morning and came home on Tuesday around 11:00am. I hadforgotten how much I hated hospitals and was so happy to get home as quickly as I did. My doctor told me he got really frustrated during surgery because my uterus was very hard to get out laparascopically. He said it was over 1000 grams (normal uterus is 80 grams). It took him around a half hour to get it detached but over an hour to get it out of me. He said it was very frustrating but he really didn't want to cut me all the way open so kept at it until he got it out. I think he said he cut it into four sections to finally get it out. My cousin who is an OBGYN in Colorado told me that most surgeons would have just cut me open and that I had a really good surgeon if he took the time to get it out without cutting me. I'm so thankful! I am already feeling a lot better. I don't have much pain I just feel worn down and kind of sick if I over do it. I think I'll be back to my normal self within the week!

In other news, Sarah went to winter formal last night. She asked a friend of hers from our ward
and she said she had a blast. She looked beautiful. I'll add pictures when I get them. I did get one of just her that I'll add to this post when I finally get out of bed today! (yes it is
11:12am) I'm loving this lazy Sunday morning!

2 comments:

megan allen said...

Oh Laura, I hope you are feeling better! I would love to help in any way possible! If you need any goodies or lunch/dinner you just call!

Camille said...

Laura, glad you aren't feeling too terrible and see an end in sight. And oh my, Sarah is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! What a gorgeous dress.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com