Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We sure did!

I wanted to post this video last week but had the hardest time getting it to save and publish so that I could share it! Finally I changed computers and started from scratch. Even on a new computer, I had to re-save it 3 times before it finally worked. I am obviously not as computer savvy as I thought I was!

Hyrum, an employee of ours and one of Sarah's friends made an awesome Christmas cd this year. He asked Sarah, Rebecca and Brent to put together a number to record on the cd and this is the number that came from that. My family isn't the greatest at rehearsing so they never rehearsed this song until they were in the 2 minute car ride on the way to Hyrum's house to record. Brent and Rebecca were recovering from colds and they had to talk Rebecca into even going at all because she didn't know the song. I really didn't expect it to be very good just because they really weren't ready for it at all so I was very pleasantly surprised with the outcome of this song! Imagine what some practicing could have produced!

Growing up, my dad was asked to sing all the time in church because he had such a nice singing voice. We sang at our house all the time together because of my dad. I always wanted to have the same thing for my own little family and I tear up when I see that it's become reality for me. I love it when my children and husband sing together. I so wish my dad was alive still to see how much my family loves music. I would love to get his feedback more than anyone else. I would have loved to have my husband and dad sing together as I'm sure they would have if he was still alive. As my mom and I listened to this recording together for the first time we both cried because it felt like such a void to not be able to share it with my dad. He would have been so proud of his granddaughters and son-in-law. I know it.

I'm so thankful for this time of the year. I am so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ who gave his life so willingly for me. I know he lives. I know he loves me. I know he knows who I am and knows my difficulties and struggles. I hope as this new year begins that I can strive harder to be more like the person he wants me to be.

I know this is very late but please enjoy this video and know that we hope you all enjoyed your Christmas! Here's one more reminder of why we celebrate this season.




Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a talented Family!!! That is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Kristen said...

You're making me cry reading this. OF COURSE Dad would LOVE to be able to sing with Brent and your girls. Funny thing is, I've thought of that myself. I think Dad and Brent's voices together would be amazing! I need to follow your example and do better developing my children's talents. You've always been so good doing that. I love hearing your family sing. AND I know that Dad enjoys listening to them from Heaven. I'm sure his heart just bursts with joy every time he hears them sing.

KJ's Perspective Take 2 said...

So wonderful!!I loved hearing the song, over and over again :) I used to love listening to you and Kristen sing. What a wonderfully talented family and a touching post. Happy New Year.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com