Saturday, January 29, 2011

Jake and the Derby


Jake was really excited for his Pinewood Derby this year. He and his dad worked together and had a great time making it. Special thanks goes to our friend, Aaron for letting us use his tools! The derby was last night so when Jake got home from school Brent wanted him to make sure he spun the wheels a lot in preparation for the race. Jake and I took turns spinning the wheels for three hours straight. He kept asking me why we needed to do it and I kept telling him, this ward is very competitive with the pinewood derby and if you want a chance at all at winning, you have to put the effort in.


Low and behold...he won the race! Yep! First place! We couldn't believe it! Brent and Jake were so proud! (Okay, I guess I was a little proud too) It was so cute to see how proud and happy Jake was. This was our very last pinewood derby ever so it was an awesome way to end the cub scout experience! Good job guys!

1 comments:

Rob and Mary...Our Life said...

Tell Jake...and Brent, CONGRATULATIONS! The coveted pine wood derby 1st place is something my boys never obtained...but they sure had fun! Way to go Jake!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com